Thursday, December 23, 2010

During the wee hours, I Muse.

Someone once asked me where my thoughts wander after the sun has set and there are only the stars to keep me company. I tried to keep the answer at bay, but it came too easily and that scared me.The only thing that lives inside me at those late night early morning hours, are my feelings of inadequacy.

I think back to times when I was the person I wanted to be. But sometimes, I can't even remember that far in the past. And that scares me more than anything. What if I'm never the person I dream I could be?
What if, for the rest of my life, I simply fall short? I'm not sure I could deal with my own failed expectations and unfulfilled dreams.

I believe I could be so much more than I am, but I can never see past the picture in the frame to the larger landscape it depicts. And if I can't see that how can I ever fill in the blanks?

The answer is simple,
yet terrifying.

I can't.

No comments: