Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Metamorphosis.

The more I drink, the thirstier I get. Tonight, my body betrays me and kills my brain cells. The fire in me burns intensely, charring logic, reason, and common sense. My legs ache, my stomach churns, and my mind melts thinking of you.  Give it to me, I beg. Will you grant me this wish? I writhe and crawl with the wildness that surely, is not mine. A demon has taken control of me, that I am sure of.

Run. Don't look back. I need to shed this burning skin and run. The survival of my house of cards depends on my swiftness. Everything has turned red, even my cool crescent moon. Serpent in me rises up and coils around my spine, daring me to strip down and beg for mercy one more time. I cover my ears and sprint along the gravel road  in barefoot. My red moon watches me puzzled. The skeletons are waiting, behind the walls, beneath the basement floor, in the closets, hiding and waiting patiently to be discovered. She's the one, they point their bony digits at me.

Don't look. Don't be swayed. Don't beg. Don't dream. Don't feel. Don't love.  
Just run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi!This was a really fine blog!
I come from milan, I was luck to discover your website in bing
Also I obtain much in your subject really thank your very much i will come every day