Saturday, November 20, 2010

Don't let the bed bugs bite.

I really want to blog about something, but I know that if I post, I'll offend two very important people in my life.  This is annoying the frickin' heck out of me.  I promised myself that I would only blog about what I felt comfortable with the public knowing.  I promised that I'd never make a protected post because, if I can't say it to everyone, I won't say it at all.  This has never been a problem before, but tonight, it's driving me crazy.

I hate that this is my blog, and yet I feel like I have to be gentle with other people.  Why do I even have my own blog if I'm going to let it be dictated by what will offend my friends and what won't?

Chances are, I won't end up blogging about what I want to blog about.  I'll let all the thoughts in my mind just sit there and rot because I care too much about other peoples' feelings.  For the sake of everyone else, I will silence my need to get this off my chest.

But why should I?  Why do I feel the need to be gentle and cautious?  This is my blog, damn it.  And I should have the guts to say whatever I want, no matter who it offends.  But I don't.  I don't want to hurt any feelings or cause any unnecessary drama.  So tonight, two lucky men will sleep well knowing that I didn't verbally tear them apart.  I can dream, though, that they will both sleep unwell knowing that my lack of ability to express my opinion is driving me to insanity.  Killing me slowly, even.

No comments: